Monday, August 08, 2005

Life Transformation

Its been a month since I updated my blog. For the past month, I underwent a 'transformation'. After attending religious talks with my aunt and listening in on the inputs of the wise, I decided to strengthen my resolve and welcome the calling of wearing the 'hejab' i.e. the head scarf.

I had been toying with the the idea for the longest time and after finally putting it on, I felt a sense of relief. I knew that this time round, I am doing the right thing and it will be a permanent fixture in my life.

5th August, when I walked into my office, there were mixed reactions and Alhamdulillah, I managed to educate my peers on the need for the 'hejab' and was glad that they respected my decision.

From here on, there will be minor adjustments to be made in terms of my lifestyle - capoiera, rock climbing, scuba diving, etc. Frankly, what are these 'minor inconveniences' compared to the closeness I feel to The Creator, Allah. Subhan Allah! To my Muslim brothers and sisters who are reading this, pray for my well-being, Amin!

No comments: